Thursday 1 September 2016

The Adventure Continues

There are some places that I never anticipated finding myself in. Cleveland, Ohio is one of them. But for all it's more-or-less-flatness, midwest-ness and general seediness, it hasn't been a bad place to be for a few days. There's a big park that I can walk into that stretches for miles, and the weather has been kind. And after the busy months I've had recently, this is all I need.

For the first time ever, I left Europa before the end of a shipyard. It was weird, it didn't feel right leaving her in pieces, and everyone getting ready for the last-week scramble to the finish. I'll be coming back to her, but it felt like a somber farewell on that cloudy quiet Sunday morning.

The next part of my adventure starts tomorrow on Pride of Baltimore II. We'll be sailing out of Lake Eerie and down the coast to Maryland to wrap up her sailing season. The opportunity came unexpectedly but I'm looking forward to the challenge and the change.  

No comments:

Post a Comment