Thursday 29 August 2013

Unblocked.

I'm happy to announce that the writer's block that has plagued me for the past year is finally dissipating. There was an interesting turbulence from her recently...

"But my story's not very good!" She yelled. I raised my eyebrows.
     "What's not very good about it?"
She sighed and dunked the teabag in her cup a few times. "It's just not ready. The characters don't have names yet, and there are some major plot flaws."
     "Names are pretty easy," I scoffed, "despite the fact that it's taken all this time to name you. And what plot flaws? Every plot has problems, you just have to work around them when you get there."
     Her hardened brown hands hit the table. "It's not only the plot, and you know it!" She pleaded frustratedly, "It's the whole point of the story that's not developed yet. At the stage it's in, the guardian angel has the importance and reality of a fairy godmother! It isn't ready to start on. You haven't even decided whether it's supposed to make a spiritual point or not."
     I was very annoyed now. Perfection was no fun to have tea with in the morning; she always deterred me from writing. Not only a block, a talking, arguing block at that. I burned a hole in the bottom of my tea cup with my frustration before downing the dregs.
     "Well then," I resolved, "I'll just have to go back to working with the guys who are marooned on the desert island." I eyed Perfection suspiciously, waiting for a comeback. She put on a pouty face.
     "Just try."

No comments:

Post a Comment