Saturday 17 November 2012

Philosophy of Rain

This weather has put me in a contemplative state. Or maybe it was walking into the closet door the other day that threw my thoughts around a bit. There's an irony to our best-laid plans of what we will make ourselves to be, our plans of success and fulfillment, and then the reality of being a puny speck on a planet in a corner of the universe.

I wonder how much the color of my room affects me. It's pink. I wouldn't have painted it pink, I probably would have made it blue. If it were blue, I wonder how much lonelier it would make me feel. Because I like blue, but it's apparently a lonely color.

Some great poetical lines from a Teitur song:
There comes a time
When you must stay in the moment
Though your heart is bleeding
And there comes a time
When you must walk away
Though your heart's still beating...
All my mistakes have become masterpieces.  

2 comments:

  1. When I went to college in Boulder, my first rented room was pink. Horrible pink. Pepto bismo. I stapled muslin up over it. Probably ruined the walls. The pink glimmered through. To make matters worse, the only way into the room (or out of it) was through the bathroom. A very short lived rental.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily my room is a pale pink, almost purply actually. It's not bad. Actually the black and white checkered linoleum floor gives it quite the retro air haha.

    ReplyDelete