Tuesday 10 May 2011

For My Friends

This is old, but it's most likely one of the best bits I've ever written. After saying goodbye-for-now to yet another incredible cruiser friend back in 2008, I was inspired to write this one, For My Friends. I'll let it speak for itself.

Fair winds
And a following sea,
That's always the parting
For you and me
We've been in port
Now it's time to leave
Our days were short
Spent accordingly

Now I find
It's much too soon
I'd stowed my gear
Before I'd met you
I came to know
Our paths had crossed
And they would go
Just as the past

Maybe a letter
Perhaps a memory
Would let me remember
These days gone by
You went your way
I went mine
I'll look out for you
In the corner of my eye

That part of me gone
I look back to see
The land slowly fading from view
And the only thing
That's been left to me
Is our laughter
Fading to blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment