Wednesday 27 April 2011

Molto Vivace Allegretto

I've learned some interesting things in psychology, many of them quite useful. One I've been thinking about lately has been a concept on the way we perceive human actions. If someone does something, you will view it differently than if you yourself were doing the exact same thing. Known as the Fundamental Attributes Error, this is when you take one action of someone else and you attribute it to their everyday nature (Dispositional Attribution) (normally this is something you assume for negative actions, like bad driving). However, whenever you commit an error yourself, you view it with Situational Attribution - it was the situation that caused your behavior, and not part of your personality. Thus, we call people idiots when they turn in front of us on the street or do other aggravating things, but when we do something we're not idiots. We don't act like that everyday, do we?

Next time I have an energy drink I need to time it better. It most definitely got me through the last rehearsal, but now I'm wondering how far into the wee hours it will take me...

No comments:

Post a Comment